May 25, 2011

Hello Mr. Holmes!

  
GUESS WHO I MET LAST NIGHT!?


Yep.  That’s Mike Holmes from HGTV.  BEST BIRTHDAY SURPRISE EVER from (my) Mike.  He gave me Holmes’ new book  Make it Right for my birthday and the surprise twist was a book signing at Barnes and Noble last night!

I LOVE Mike Holmes’ shows on HGTV and we both enjoy his practical and do-it-right-the-first-time approach to home renovations and inspections.  I’m a little obsessed.   It was really awesome to meet him.  He’s a really down-to-earth nice guy - he spent time talking to every single person who came and was especially kind and sweet to all the little kids that were dragged there by their parents.  I’m really looking forward to reading his book too.

Does anyone else watch HGTV?  Anyone else a Mike Holmes fan?

(And yes we got a picture of the three of us together.  I’m grinning like a star struck fool in it.)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know this guy but I bet Isabel does. Nice birthday present!! (BW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching since the Backyard Fences show! I wish my dad (who passed) could've seen the show, he is just like Mike!I just watched the 'Behind the Scenes' and had no idea there was a book or a foundation! LUCKY YOU, you go to meet him! What a fantastic present!!! I've been looking up everything and cannot find a current or future book signing out Chicago way-but I'll keep looking. I gotta meet Mike! If you see something I'm on yahoo! TIA

    ReplyDelete