Mar 29, 2012

Paper Butterfly Wreath

Being sidelined from big projects, I’ve been keeping busy in more quiet ways. “Taking it easy” as they say. I used some of this free time to make a paper butterfly wreath, a project I've wanted to for a while now. Something pretty and bright for spring on our front door.

Using an inexpensive green foam wreath form and a butterfly craft punch by Martha Stewart, I put something together in a few hours. I used the covers of seed catalogs (full of bright colors) to make the butterflies - the catalog covers have thicker paper for a cleaner cut around the edges and the butterflies kept their shape better.

The butterflies took just minutes to minutes to make, the punch was very fast and easy to use. The most time consuming part was gluing each butterfly to the foam wreath all the way around.

I glued a small piece of ribbon to the back to hang it to the front door. I’m really happy with how it came out. It’s very cheerful for spring and really brightens up the front!



4 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO want to make one! Where is the butterfly punch from?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's from Michaels craft store in the Martha Stewart section :)

    ReplyDelete