Sep 26, 2018

Updated Yard Layout 2018

I'm trying to keep an accurate record of what's planted where in the yard. So when my fall plants arrived and I put them in the ground, I also updated the overall yard plan that I created last year.

This year I was really happy with how all my efforts turned out. Most of the mistakes I made were filling in with annuals and dahlias, easily fixed for next year. And while I did have to make a few tweaks to the perennials, they were easily moved and all that was left was to fill in the gaps with new plants that would add additional texture, flowers and visual interest.


I've had to protect the new plantings from Morgan Mayhem with stakes, tomato cages and spare trellis pieces - anything to keep her from squashing them or digging them up. She's a maniac.





All the text in purple below is either new from the spring or new this fall. The beds are so full and varied now around the house, it's hard to cram all the plant names in.



I'm once again very excited for spring to see how all this effort will turn out. This year it felt very rewarding to have the garden look so varied and layered. And next year it will hopefully look even better.




No comments:

Post a Comment