Oct 28, 2022

A Little Bit of Halloween

We love Halloween in our house. I haven't really shared many decorating posts in the past few years because we mostly do the same thing every year with a little something new. This year I realized that our little additions have accumulated in a good way - our house is quite festive inside and out. 

A few snapshots...

A graveyard and a tree full of ghosts, ghouls and evil clown spirits. (And yes those ARE severed clown parts laying in the graveyard, Oliver bought them with his own money at my neighbor's garage sale.


The porch spiderweb with all the bats and rats is always a favorite of mine every year - it really pops and is the perfect size for the porch. 


The bird skeleton has been going on the mailbox for years. I wonder what our mail delivery person thinks of it...


There's a lot going on for Halloween on our porch - I'm so glad that this year the kids will be coming up to the house again to ring the doorbell. 



When anyone asks why there's a crab and a lobster with the rats, bats, frogs, ravens, snakes, spiders and flies... the answer is this - have you ever stepped on one in the ocean? Pure terror. 




Inside the house, it's festive all over the downstairs. A few of my favorites include the bat wreath on the back of the door and a bat skeleton hanging on some artwork. 



I feel like I've finally hit my stride with Halloween decorating on the bookcases this year. I've been slowly adding bits here and there over the years, but the addition of a few inexpensive placemats from Target this year as backdrops has really finished this off and ties everything together. The skull is my favorite. 


(Also yes I should be putting the non-seasonal decorations away BEFORE cramming a ton of Halloween stuff on top, but honestly... the season is short, I'm super busy and this year I'm learning the art of good enough. It's very cluttered and I debated even sharing it but whatever! Embrace the cringe!)








I reserved my seat on the couch in the living room (witch parking only).


The inexpensive felt placemats from Target also make great door signs for the kids rooms upstairs. A couple years ago I bought felt snowflake placemats for holiday/winter door signs on clearance and they loved it. The pumpkins this year are perfect for the upstairs hall and both boys are happy. 


I'll get more/better photos of our house at night on Halloween. The porch always looks best when it's lit up with the jack-o-lanterns. 



Our house is actually pretty tame compared to several of our neighbors. We LOVE Halloween around here - it's just too much fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment