Mar 14, 2011

The Guest Room Walls, Painted

Over the weekend I painted the guest room a soft sage green (after some serious spackling work).   It's a small room, but the ceilings are high, making cutting-in around the top a chore for a person of my height.  I get really woozy on ladders and step stools -  so the shorter the stepladder the better.  

The color was supposed to be Salisbury Green like the dining room (I like re-using colors throughout the house for continuity), but that was too dark for such a tiny room.  Instead we went two shades lighter on the paint chip, Hollingsworth Green #HC-141 by Benjamin Moore.  It's a lovely soft sage green, muted with lots of gray so it's not minty at all.  It looks a little too gray in these photos, but it's been dark and cloudy every time I pull my camera out.  Here's a swatch for a better idea of the real color:



Also negatively affecting the photos - the green currently clashes with the soon-to-be-gone pink carpet... but then again, does anything look good with mauve-pink carpet?

1 comment: