May 18, 2011

Dining Room Hooks


My parents gave me these beautiful hooks from Anthropologie for my birthday last year.  They match the doorknobs around the house beautifully and really fit with the style of our home.  I love them so much that I've had a really hard time deciding where they should go.  Should they be hung together for maximum impact?  Or spread them out over two different rooms?  I didn't want to hide them away in utilitarian locations like behind a door in the bathroom or in the basement entryway stairwell - they are way too pretty for that.  There wasn't enough room by the front door in the living room... so finally I settled on the dining room.


We use our sliding doors to the backyard all the time so it was the perfect place.  Since the winter we've kept dog coats, human coats, even towels (for muddy paws and wet fur) on the chair next to the door.  It was a mess.  For months now I've been meaning to hang a couple of hooks here.  It took me way too long (a year!) to finally make a decision, but I'm really happy with their placement.  I love it when things are useful and stylish at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment