Apr 27, 2012

Blueberry Bushes

We have 2 new blueberry bushes! I planted them along the fence (yep! me!) with the sole surviving blueberry bush (really more of a twig with leaves) towards the back of the perennial garden. It’s where I had wanted to plant the ones that died in pots last year, I intentionally left room there for another try.

They don’t look like much now (in fact they look like twigs!), but fruit bushes and trees are an investment for the future. Hopefully in a few years we’ll have some blueberries to enjoy.

Georgia always likes to come over and inspect whatever I’m doing, and the blueberry bushes were no exception.

To take a quick inventory of our edible perennials and fruiting shrubs/trees, we actually have quite a few things growing now on top of the annual vegetable garden. Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, mint, figs, rhubarb, and now blueberries. And in the pots we also have the lemon and lime trees. Not bad right?

No comments:

Post a Comment