Apr 16, 2012

Dresser Drawer Liners

For the baby’s newly refinished dresser, I had no idea what I was going to do for drawer liners. I was thinking about finding some pretty paper from the craft store or seeing if I could find a cool roll of paper online. But then my friend Shannon came up with the great idea to use the leftover wallpaper to line the drawers. I didn’t have enough leftover to do any big projects, so using the scraps to make drawer liners was the perfect way to use it up and make the dresser interior really special.

I measured the size of the drawer interior and cut the paper pieces down with a straight edge and an exacto blade. I put a thin coat of leftover wallpaper paste in the bottom of the drawer with a brush, then carefully laid the paper on top. I smoothed out any bubbles very carefully so the paste wouldn’t leak out the edges. It worked surprisingly well and didn’t cost anything extra - an added bonus. Now the drawers look adorable inside and are ready for baby clothes, diapers and a few drawer organizers.

1 comment: