Jul 28, 2014

Bedroom Pictures Hung

Over the weekend I wanted to finally put the photos back up in the master bedroom that I had over our dressers. With the addition of the big mirror over the new dresser, I had to figure out new spots.

The first thing I did was remove the old nails and I decided to patch and paint the spots that were damaged by where the photos used to be. I figured while I was at it, I would also touch up a few other spots around our room. The more I touched up, the more spots I found. Before I knew it, I had made touchups to every wall space.



The thing is… I made a mistake! I forgot that the can of Palladian Blue in the basement was from the Sunroom/Playroom and not our bedroom. So when the paint dried… you could TOTALLY see a color difference. The paint is a whole shade darker on the walls. I had trouble photographing it, but you’ll have to take my word for it. It’s bad. It's obvious day and night. And I touched up every. single. wall. It’s really bothering me, but I’ll have to live with it for a while. At some point in the not-too-distant future we will have to decide if we should a) repaint our room with palladian blue or b) paint our room a new color. I really love the blue, but it might be fun to change things up a bit!


Even with the paint disaster I hung the pictures anyways. We’ll be living with the mottled paint for a while, might as well distract the eye!




2 comments:

  1. I'm confused. I thought the sunroom & master were the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the same color! But they were different cans of paint - there were just enough differences in the mixture to show up on the wall. The sunroom can somehow dried a full shade darker than the can we used in our room. :(

    ReplyDelete