Aug 12, 2014

Coconut Cream Popsicles


We made gourmet coconut cream popsicles the other afternoon. They were pretty easy to do and totally worth the effort - these were creamy, chewy and the flavor was heavenly. Better than anything I’ve ever bought from the store.


I got the recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, Jam It Pickle It Cure It by Karen Solomon. I’ve been dying to try it for a long time but never got around to it until now. We all love them - I have to keep them on the top shelf of the freezer otherwise Oliver would grab them and eat them all.


Ingredients
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
¾ cup evaporated milk
½ cup sugar
¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a saucepan whisk together everything but the vanilla. Warm over medium high heat until it starts to bubble (about 6 minutes). Turn off the heat and cover and let it sit on the stove for an hour. Stir in the vanilla and pour into molds.

No comments:

Post a Comment