Feb 9, 2015

Dino-Mite Budget Valentines


I said this last year, but I just have to say it again - I love all of the fantastic Valentine ideas on pintrest, but I get frustrated by some of the high price tags or hard to find items. Oliver is in a smaller daycare right now, but what about when he’s in school and in a class of 22 kids? It adds up! With candy and food restrictions becoming more prevalent than ever, it feels like such a challenge.

So I’m on a mission to come up with inexpensive Valentines that are still fun. This year it was Target to the rescue with these super cool dinosaur erasers, 6 for $1.50.


Then I created a set of 4 cards with simple shapes in Photoshop that I could print at home on 8.5x11 cardstock and trim down. I wanted something graphic and simple that would make a nice background for the dinosaur.



Once they were printed, I used a needle and leftover embroidery thread to tie each one to the card. So the thread didn't stand out, I matched the closest color thread I had to each dinosaur.


I used the needle to poke holes around the dinosaur so I knew where the optimal points were to hold each dinosaur.



In the back I just tied the two ends together, but a small piece of tape would work too.


When they are all together it's really colorful and fun.



Since I already had a stash of thread and cardstock, this was only about $4.50 for 18 Valentines that include a small toy.


No comments:

Post a Comment