Sep 10, 2018

Cape Cod

We went on our annual trip to Cape Cod, and this year was extra special because my sister got married in Wellfleet! The wedding was beautiful, my sister was gorgeous and I was very happy to be her maid of honor (or is it matron of honor?). The wedding took place at the Wellfleet Preservation Hall with a tent in the back - we ate amazing food (it was catered by Mac's) and danced the night away.

After a long weekend in Wellfleet, we went down to Chatham for our annual family vacation, back in our favorite rental house. The beach was beautiful, the weather was gloriously warm and sunny the whole time. We played mini golf with the kids, went kayaking, ate ridiculous amounts of fresh fish, swam in the ocean every day (and the water was unusually warm too), got rainbow shave ice from our favorite place, collected sea shells, took walks, spotted seals and crabs, played a million games of catch with balls and frisbees. Oliver crushed everyone in stratego and monopoly repeatedly.












It went by way too fast. Every year when we go up I feel like we're coming home and when we leave my heart aches a bit. It's my favorite way to say goodbye to summer (my favorite season), being up in Cape Cod definitely takes the sting out of the changing of the seasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment