Nov 14, 2018

Sunshine

Winter in all its forms has come early this year around here. Illness season, darkness season, cold-gray-snow season. In late October we had pneumonia in our house (ugh) and I felt like everything was on hold the whole time (is it just me or does everything stop when the kids are sick?). Then we had the time change and the kids schedules are still wonky. And all I want to do is SLEEP. It's hard to give up that hour of evening sunlight. Then there's the forecast for tomorrow... SNOW. Like they are estimating 5-8 inches as I write this! We hardly ever get snow in November here in NJ. Even in December snow was rare for most of my life. I hate winter, so having it come early in combination with such a late spring makes me a little grumpy.

So we need to make our own sunshine around here, now that winter has arrived early. Here's a few things that are bringing sunshine into my life these days around the house.

A felted flamingo head mounted on wood from a friend who totally gets me.


I was really loving this print from minted, but then I remembered I had some old wallpaper samples that were very similar. Boom. Fresh art for the walls in a couple of spots that needed it.


Seasonal soap in our bathroom that looks pretty and smells so good (this is pomegranate and downstairs we have redwood forest... both smell like Fall in the best way).


This beach bag from my sister's Wellfleet wedding.


Where's Waldo coloring book that I've totally kept for myself with a big box of fine-tip markers to live out all my 4th grade coloring book fantasies.



Liberty of London tea towels from Anthropologie (from my sister who also totally gets me).



Saving a couple extra flowering pots from the garden. They might not survive the full winter, but for now they are providing some much needed color indoors.



Hearth & Hand clearance succulent stems from Target for more much needed winter greenery.


This turkey, made by entirely by Oliver, to decorate for Thanksgiving.


The way this candle smells like summer.



A succulent terrarium with monster candles in it for greenery + whimsy.




No comments:

Post a Comment