Aug 12, 2019

Garden Redo Project: The New Garden

The garden is finished. FINISHED. It's everything I ever could have wanted.

I'm so happy this is done. And I'm glad we went with low maintenance materials that should last a long time. I can't wait to plant this garden for real next year - it's going to be such a pleasure.





New fence. New beds. Wider paths. More stone and more stable walkways. Better weed barriers. Three gates. It totally has that English country garden/New England country garden vibe I love.



We put a trellis up centered on the back of the garage. Next year I want to plant an annual vine here to climb up (like a morning glory or a black eyed susan vine). This big beautiful aqua pot matches the bird bath and was part of my birthday gift. I have a bunch of aqua pots on the deck and patio that would look really nice back here next year. 





It took a lot of work and a lot of time to get here, but it feels so good. There are a couple of minor details we have to work out, but overall I'm happy to call this done. With the garden season at its peak right now, we are enjoying it with a few flowers and a few tomatoes. But next year? It's going to be AWESOME working in this vegetable garden.


 The big pot in the corner was crazy on clearance from Home Goods. It was like $22 on summer clearance. It's big enough to hold a small child, or a potted tree in the future.






Here's the view of the garden from the back of the property. It's big, but in a good way.

On the far side of the garage (by the swing set) we installed the trellis for the climbing rose. Eventually this will be the support structure that brings the climbing rose up to the pergola we want to build in the front. (Pergola will be built this fall...)



This new garden for me is heaven. There are a couple of final details to be done, but I'm just so happy to have it in a good place. I love how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment