Jul 8, 2010

Good Fences Make Good Neighbors


Our next door neighbors have put up their new cedar fence! Isn't it wonderful ?

While they are absolutely lovely people, our houses are so close together that we've been living on top of them since we moved in. I'd come out the side door to water the plants and I'd feel like I was intruding - they would be grilling 5 ft away or having family time or their kids would have friends over and I'd interrupt. The high point of our communal living was the evening that I was gardening, sweating in the heat and covered in mud, bent over while 6 teenage boys looked on while eating burgers...not so fun. The new fence provides a much better balance - we can wave to each other when they are standing up on their deck - but now we can't see what they are having for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment