Jan 31, 2011

Closet Color Wheel Knobs


The closet in our master bedroom got an upgrade - color wheel knobs.  It might be the artist in me, but I adore these knobs.  The color spectrum, the number details, the gold outlines, the colored line detail on the side.  They are much sturdier than my old wooden knobs on the doors.

Yes they are a little on the "rainbow" side for Mike, but they are hidden away upstairs so he doesn't mind.  And they aren't rainbows, they are color wheels - the kind artists and designers use.  I actually fell in love with these knobs a few months ago, but at $12 each I could not justify spending $24 on knobs when there are so many other things the house needs.  Then they were gone.  Until my friend Jess went to an obscure Anthropologie last week and found them for $3 each!  She picked up a set for me and a set for herself (at those prices who could resist?), and now I have the most beautiful closet knobs ever.



The knob posts were actually too long for the doors, they blocked the panels from fully opening on the inside because they couldn't fold up all the way.  So I measured the required length, then Mike cut them down in the basement.  Now they work great!

1 comment:

  1. Those knobs are gorgeous! I wish they were still available -

    ReplyDelete