Jan 21, 2011

Living Room Thoughts


More snow again today, which means more time working from home - and more time at home looking over and nitpicking our space.  That and shoveling another 5" of snow.  We are really sick of shoveling snow.

Anyways - one con of getting a nice new couch?  It makes the unfinished parts of the room that much more obvious.  We really need a console table (one with storage) behind the couch to anchor it, but there's no way I'm paying full-price for a nice new one (they are so expensive) and I'm trying to avoid more Ikea in here.  Then I need to figure out blinds/shades for the windows and finally put up the curtains/curtain rods.  I need some new throw pillow covers to help bring everything together.  Our coffee table is an old Ikea disaster, falling apart and chipping.  We actually have a new coffee table in a box in the basement from Crate & Barrel I bought back in June and just never got around to building it.  Now I'm much more motivated to put that together.
 

Anyone have any decorating advice?  Pillow suggestions?  Or even better - coordinating fabric suggestions to make pillow covers and curtains?  I'd really love to have one room decorated and finished that I could feel good about.

No comments:

Post a Comment