Jan 12, 2011

Sun Room Shades


When the paint in the sun room was dry it was finally time to hang the curtains.  Back in June, when we first bought the house, I ordered thermal roman shades in bright white from JC Penny (on sale of course). When they arrived, I (foolishly) never opened the box because we were so frenzied fixing up the house, getting the bathroom working, packing and moving in.  It was a high stress whirlwind and the shades were stuffed into the storage room that was the sun room with a thousand other boxes and forgotten about... until now.  And that's when I discovered there were only 5 shades for 7 windows. $*%#$!!!

After a few deep calming breadths minor meltdown, I used what we had and put up the 5 shades on the side and front windows.  At least now the room is no longer a complete fishbowl - only the next-door neighbors can see in, and that's only from their backyard. And if they want to spend their evenings spying on us in the freezing cold snow, well then that's just sad.


I reluctantly called JC Penny, figuring I had nothing to lose even though there was no way they would help me 6 months later.  Except they did.  And they were really quite wonderful about it.  The customer service woman completely understood our renovation dilemma and sent us the missing shades without issue. It's so rare these days to experience good customer service, but they were awesome.  AWESOME.  I'm now a huge fan JC Penny online.  Right now we might be short two shades, but they are in the mail and coming soon.  Wahoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment