Feb 2, 2011

Dreaming of Vacation



We are so sick of snow and ice.  This has been one of the worst winters NJ has ever seen.  We're now averaging 2+ storms a week!  Today we are in the middle of a terrible ice storm. Businesses are closed; the streets are skating rinks. 


So what's a girl to do with all this bad weather and cabin fever?  Start dreaming of going on vacation!  Somewhere warm, tropical and snow-free.  I've been lurking around those travel deal sites like nobody's business.  Puerto Rico? The Bahamas? The Virgin Islands? Mexico? A cruise?

It's gotten so bad that I'm even perusing luggage stores for another carry-on suitcase with wheels.  Right now Mike and I share a set and the larger suitcase to be checked. With baggage fees and lost luggage hassles, I love the idea of just getting on a plane and escaping.  I'll come back in April when we're all thawed out.  I'm working with the folks at csn again and there are so many temptations.  In the meantime - red or green?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the picture, what about putting another one similar to it (color wise) next to the window so they're complementing each other. ~shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - that's a great idea! I definitely want to put a picture on the other wall in the same corner next to the other window. It should balance things out. However I'm not sure if I want to do another matted 8x10 picture or change things up and do 2 5x7s matted and framed. I have a bunch of frames to try out... then I have to figure out what I want to put in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhmm...i like the idea of 2 5x7's to mix things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll try that first and see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete