May 31, 2011

A New Home for Lilies


When we planted the new bushes, we saved as many lilies as we could during our massive weeding process along the backyard fence.  Their new home is the perennial garden on the other side of the backyard.  Since someday I want this flower bed to go all the way down the fence, I could not pass up any free flowers/plants!  Unfortunately I was a little tired from planting all of the bushes, so I may have crammed them in a little more closely than I should have, but they do look a lot happier over here now that they’ve been mulched and had a week to settle in.  Maybe they will even bloom?


We also mulched around the new bushes.  It was long, tiring work to mulch all 50 feet in the hot summer sun.  I laid down newspaper as a weed blocker, wet it to keep it from blowing away, then overlaid it with mulch.  It took a long time to cover the whole area, but it looks so nice and clean.  And will hopefully remain mostly weed-free all season.

No comments:

Post a Comment