May 30, 2014

Bunny Hunter

Don't let this adorable face fool you. She might be napping in the shade under the pergola, looking angelic, but she's exhausted from baby bunny hunting. That leash in the background is her new temporary tether to keep her away from the very teeny tiny (and very adorable) baby bunnies until they are big enough to run away.


The baby bunnies mainly live in my next-door neighbor's dog-free yard, but the babies like to take shelter in our astilbe and hostas when their kids are outside running around. Georgia decided it was her job to chase them out of the bushes and catch them. But don't worry, both baby bunnies are completely fine.


It's hard to tell in the photos but the bunnies could fit in the palm of your hand.


And I  know, I know... Bunnies are a dime a dozen, pesty critters that eat garden plants and have a zillion babies and will destroy my yard. But they are so freaking gosh darn cute when they are so tiny. For now I am their protector against Georgia... when they get big and start eating my strawberries I'll turn into Mr. McGregor.

No comments:

Post a Comment