Jun 2, 2014

Surprise! (Sort of)

For the first time ever, the front of our house:

(Before)
Now matches the blog header!



Amazing. I know. And it only took us FOUR YEARS! This is something we’ve wanted to do since we bought the house. It was one of the first things on our list… and then a million other projects got in the way. Big important ones, little ones… life. Then this year Mike asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said, “shutters.” The slatted kind, in tuxedo gray, the height of the windows and not the frames because I think it looks better when they are the height the windows. And he delivered.


Mike put them up over the weekend, just in time for our 4-year anniversary of becoming homeowners. I can’t believe that we’ve lived in this house now for 4 years. Four years! Time has flown by.


We’ve gotten a lot of questions about putting up shutters on the sun room windows and the answer is: we’re not sure yet. I like the look of just the four on the main windows, but I also think it would look nice to have the sunroom done as well. The gutter is an issue though - we’d have to reroute the pipe to the side of the house and we’re not sure we want to mess with that right now. We could put a shutter up behind the gutter, but I think that would look a lot weirder than not having shutters on the side. So we’re thinking about it. For now we’re just enjoying the shutters on the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment