May 14, 2014

Headboard, Footboard, Big Boy Bed


This is the headboard and footboard to Oliver’s future big boy bed. He’s still in a crib and it will be a while before he’s ready for a toddler bed, let alone a real bed, but we have the bed frame now for when he’s ready. My Dad was making room in his house and I gladly took it off his hands. We’re keeping the metal frame up in the attic for now, the headboard and footboard in the basement (I’m worried the heat could damage the other). Ignore the hardware bag taped to the side - I didn't want to lose any bolts!

It was actually my bed when I was a little girl, before I entered my early-90s-chic phase with a (much beloved) off-white canopy bed and matching bedroom set. It’s wonderfully neutral, so it will be the perfect bed to give Oliver when he’s older. I’m so happy to have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment