Jun 4, 2014

Kitchen Set Painting

What a difference paint makes! You may or may not have noticed in the sickly looking basement pictures, but I was painting the cabinet while I was grouting. I did two coats of Benjamin Moore’s White Dove enamel paint in a semi gloss finish, leftover from our kitchen cabinets (aka free!). I also caulked a few cracks and the seam where the tile meets the cabinet backsplash. Here’s a reminder of what it looked like before:


And then the after:




I had to 3 coats on the interior red linoleum and there were a few spots where I had some old stains bleed through. I did two coats of primer and another two coats of paint on top of that. When some red marker still bled through, I moved on. It’s not perfect, but I don’t want or need it to be. This piece is full of family history and all the dings, marks and dents are part of that.




I love how it looks all white and shiny. I’m still debating about painting the upper back of the cabinets. It looks really nice the way it is, all clean and white… but the right color could really jazz things up. I’ve decided to get everything else done and then decide at the end - there’s no rush and I think I need to see it finished before deciding.

No comments:

Post a Comment