Aug 5, 2014

Fresh {Rainbow} Salsa


I went out to the garden last night, after not checking it for two days, and a ton of tomatoes had ripened at once. If it had been the weekend I might have attempted something fancier, like sauce, but it was a Monday night so I went for fresh salsa in a rainbow of colors. Pink + purple + red + orange + yellow tomatoes + green jalapenos, cilantro & lime + white onion and garlic.

One of the jalapenos was picked when the soil was dry, so it was very hot. The other was picked when the soil was wet from all the rain, so it was much milder.

I love fresh salsa. I know I’ve technically covered fresh salsa before, but it wasn’t rainbow. For your convenience, here’s the modified recipe:

Fresh {Rainbow} Salsa
4 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes in multiple colors
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, de-stemmed and minced (leave the seeds for heat or take them out for mild salsa)
½ cup cilantro, minced
1 lime, juiced
zest of the lime
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. The flavors get better as the meld - it’s even better the next day.


Note: It's really good on chicken fajitas...

No comments:

Post a Comment