Oct 20, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Candle Holders

When I see those little bags of pumpkins at the grocery store, I can’t resist them. A pile of little pumpkins feels so Fall. They look nice enough in a bowl, so I’ve never done much with them before. Then over the weekend I fell (on our new curb! So embarrassing!) and sprained my ankle. The no-walking, lots of icing, there's an orange on the side of my ankle - kind of sprain. I was laid up for most of the weekend and still can’t do more than hobble around the house. We have a million things on our to-do list and all I could do was lay around… so I put my energy towards crafting.




My first thought was to do something with those mini pumpkins. First I just carved holes in the top to make them into candle holders. It was pretty but not very Halloweeny… so I added a couple fuzzy mustache stickers (from Target’s dollar Halloween collection) and drew on eyes and mouths with a sharpie. I think they came out cute - though they would look even better with black candles.




No comments:

Post a Comment