Nov 25, 2014

Backyard Cleanup, A Little Progress

I'm becoming more mobile again as my ankle heals. I'm in just an air cast now and can limp around more and more as I build strength back up. So we set out to get the most important stuff done in the backyard for Fall cleanup. There's a lot more that I'd like to get done, but this is a good start.

First we got the fig trees wrapped up in burlap and stuffed with leaves.


Mike finished cleaning out the garage and made so much room... which we promptly filled up with all of our outdoor furniture and Oliver's toys. It's now totally chock full again until Spring.


We got the bramble of blackberries, raspberries and sweet peas cleaned up. We also got the dahlia bulbs dug up from around the yard... hopefully I didn't wait too long and they'll come back next year.


All of the patio furniture is packed up in the garage...


The pergola bamboo shade was packed up and put into the garage too, in anticipation of the snow. We decided to leave the lights up, at least a little bit longer, because they illuminate the backyard so well.


In the front yard we cleaned up the perennials nipped by frost, but I didn't take a picture of it. At least the part of our house that shows is cleaned up. There's still a ton of work to do in the backyard and I never completely finished cleaning up the raised bed garden... the to-do list is really long but I'm glad to be getting back into action! 

No comments:

Post a Comment