Feb 16, 2011

Balancing Act


At the suggestion of one of my lovely readers, I added more art on the walls in our bedroom to balance out the framed umbrella picture.  To change things up, I used two 8"x10" frames instead of one big matching frame and I really like it. I tried several different options - four 4"x6" frames, two 5"x7" and two 8"x10" matted.  The two 8"x10" frames with mats worked best paired with the big mahogany frame on the other wall.

I picked two prints from Vintage Printable (the site I shared last week) with shades of yellows and reds similar to the umbrella picture.  As I've mentioned before, choosing artwork is hard for me because I have a terrible time narrowing things down.  I want to use everything that I like.  I forced myself to choose based on color and landscape format, and went with a cricket drawing and a botanical print.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! Want to come over & practice on my house;)

    ReplyDelete