Feb 4, 2013

It's a New Day and I'm Back

For those who have hung in there with me while I’ve been away - thank you for returning! Two extended absences in one year makes for a lousy blogger and one roller coaster of a year. For us, the best way to describe 2012 was a year of extremes. It was a mix of highs and lows, of intense happiness and joy with Oliver, of sincere hope and painful disappointment, and of deep sadness over the loss of my mom. I want 2013 to be a year of hope, healing, stability, happiness and joy.

I’m finally ready to come back to this space. For a while I was just too sad, too lost and it was too hard. How can I share our home and life when it’s full of sadness? I didn't want to spread the gloom around. First I had to let a little sunshine back in, figure out which way was up, and learn how to breathe again.


For the past month I’ve been regrouping. Giving myself time to be sad. Spending quality time with the baby and our family. Catching up with extended family and friends. Actually reading the book for book club. Reorganizing Oliver’s closet. Reorganizing my closet. Watching movies I’ve been meaning to watch. Figuring out what I’d like to accomplish this year. Going into NYC for restaurant week. Trying to just get back out into the world again and find some semblance of normal. Or at least a new normal.

Baby steps. I have good days and sad. It’s not easy. But I’ve missed this space - I'm glad to be back.

5 comments:

  1. I wish for you the hope through Jesus Christ that you'll see your mother again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back:) we've missed you! Glad you've taken some personal time to heal a little, and smiled to see you back on my feed today:)
    Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! My Google Reader was a happy site this morning when I saw your new post in there. I'm glad you've had some time to heal and even though I know it's an ongoing process, I'm happy to see that you were feeling like it was time to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back! I just checked back in and it's great to see all these new posts. I hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete