Feb 27, 2014

Counting Down to Spring

From March 2013

Tomorrow is the last day of February.

2 days until I can think about indoor seed starting.
10 days until daylight savings begins. 9 days until we set the clocks forward. Let there be light!
15 more days until the groundhog predicted spring (“6 more weeks of winter”)
21 days until the official first day of Spring.
30 days (approx.) until I can plant lettuce and peas.
45 days (approx.) until my new perennials arrive.
60-70 days until I can plant the vegetable garden.

Number of days until the snow melts? Unknown.
Number of days until the last polar vortex? Unknown.
Number of days until the soil thaws so I can plant spinach? Unknown.
Number of days until the crocus bloom? Unknown… but really looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. L has an answer for the snow melt...220 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really feels like that doesn't it? I feel like it's going to be January-like forever!

      Delete