The other big offender is the top of the walls where the wallpaper had an unfinished jagged edge and some imperfect seams. These will be hidden by the crown molding when we put that up.
Mike sanded, did more patching, and sanded again. The ceiling isn’t perfect, but it’s as good as we can get it without replacing the plaster with drywall (not on the agenda) and it looked a million times better. SO much smoother.
Once it was painted with Edgecomb Gray paint, the ceiling looked great. We decided to go with the light gray instead of white ceiling paint because we want the bright white crown molding to stand out. All of the bedrooms upstairs have tinted blue ceilings for that reason (even though the nursery is the only bedroom with molding right now, but doing the others is still on our to-do list!).
I’m so excited to finally be making progress in this space!