Sep 19, 2014

Goodbye Summer



Monday marks the true first true day of Fall this year. This weekend is our last hoorah for summer and I'm sad and excited about it all at the same time. The weather has been a bit chilly lately but mentally we've still been in summer mode (helps to have a kid that's in daycare all year round instead of school). As you know from my lists, I'm looking forward to pumpkins and apple picking, the beautiful colors... and we LOVE Halloween. But it's hard to say goodbye to long evenings, summer produce, the warm weather, the garden, the water and beaches. I'm looking forward to pulling out my fall decor, but I'm sad to put the summer stuff away. Every season has its own magic (even winter, despite all I dislike about it), though sometimes it's hard to let go!

In the meantime I think we'll take Oliver out for one last summery, old fashioned soft serve ice cream cone while we ponder Halloween costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment