Last year this blog suffered from a massive shift in our priorities, where we focused less on home improvements and more on family time, outings and experiences. I've never considered myself much of a "mommy blogger," so I only very briefly shared what we were up to. While we were a happy family and a very happy kid doing a lot of fun stuff, it left us with very few blog posts.
This year, even with the coming baby, my goal is to strike more of a balance. I don’t think I’ll ever get back to posting every day… but this year the goal is to post twice a week (with a maternity break of course). As I go back through the blog this year, I get a little sad - so many gaps in our life! So few pictures! Even if we didn’t have the time for a big project, it would have been nice to share a few more updates on what we were up to. We really had a great year together and you wouldn’t know it on this blog!
Things we did accomplish in 2015:
- We finally finished the upstairs hallway
- We made budget homemade Valentines for school
- Oliver transitioned from his crib to a toddler bed (and I cried a little)
- Once again cleaned up the basement (and lots of boxes)
- We gave a pink playhouse a blue makeover
- Added a picture ledge to the master bedroom and finalized our artwork
- Refinished matching nightstands for the master bedroom
- Planted and grew a full raised bed garden again
- Built Oliver’s swing set in the backyard
- Replaced the rotting porch pillars and stairs with composite
- Re-sealed the front half of the driveway
- Added lights to the front half of the basement
- Added a new fire pit
- Made Christmas ornaments with Oliver
Updates you can look forward to in the first half of 2016:
- Oliver’s new big boy room
- A few nursery updates
- Our mini office space in the basement
- A new addition to our family!